The National Association of Complementary and Alternative Medicines adheres to and supports a code of ethical business practices for professional massage therapists, yoga instructors, Pilates teachers, reflexologists, cosmetologists, estheticians, nail technicians, dance instructors, and movement therapists.
Services – Client Focused
- I will endeavor to provide appropriate quality services for my clients.
- I will endeavor to be honest in thoroughly explaining the services I provide and the remuneration charged for my services.
- If a client’s needs exceed my skill or capability, I will acknowledge that in my initial discussion with the client and attempt to refer the client to the appropriate professional or organization.
- The client’s well being, satisfaction, and health are my overriding concern as a professional.
- All discussions with my client and services provided to my client will remain confidential.
Professionalism – Self Focused
- I intend to grow in my skills and techniques, educating myself in becoming the best I am capable of becoming in my profession.
- I will abide by all professional, local, state and federal requirements and regulations with regard to the services I provide.
- I will honestly inform potential clients concerning the services I offer through my website and other marketing materials.
- I intend to contribute to my profession through networking and through supporting the growth of the profession by encouraging and helping others who seek to join my profession.
- I endeavor to treat those with whom I work in a professional and supportive manner.
- I will make every effort to project professionalism and ethical behavior in how I conduct myself at my place of business or place of employment.
- I am aware that even when I am not working, my behavior reflects on my profession.